Labels

Monday 16 March 2015

The Weight Loss NightMare

Well,  people love the "The perfect Body", but if asking what this means everybody has their own description. I have mine too! My own image of the perfect body. Do not get me wrong, but i love the curved one, with everything on its right place, in moderate size and shape. And it is from this description that i always have a nightmare,  bad dream that leaves me shaking and sweating.


Currently, i am on my weight loss journey.. It is a journey because, well...  it is. i started gym few days ago (five days to be precise). With all the determination, and promises to myself that i am going to put off 20 kg, (i am overweight with at least 25) . Day one was great, worked really hard, and started feeling in shape already, day two was a bit intense than day 1 ( i thought i already knew my way around the gym and wanted to try every machine). on day three that is when the night mare started.

I would dream that i was slim (too slim) that all my clothes wouldn't fit and then i am huge with very big booty  (like seasonal pumpkin) and very fat legs yet i would fit in my old jeans ( I am keeping my old jeans, if  i fit in them, then i have reached my goal) and sometimes  i would dream that i am eating my favorite french fries and pork ribs ("Portion control" and " Eat Healthy" are posted all over the house) and i would wake up with drools all over my face.

I wonder how the  mind can trick the body (or vice versa) because in five days i already feel i am looking toward my perfect body, although looking at the mirror, i  sometime feel that my eyes are ticking me. I am learning to understand that working out for the perfect body is not a very long term solution but working out to be healthy. At least this will reduce the number of nightmares one will have in a night. If only i would start going to the gym for my health not for the perfect body.

There is this feeling that comes with working out, i cannot really explain it by they are sweet, victorious feeling that make you feel more beautiful, and health and clean and perfect. After a hard, sweaty work out, the feeling of water running through your head to toe, the comforting and refreshing it brings cannot be explained easily. After hitting a gym or running for few days, (if you are the beginner like me) the feeling that you are much faster, and lighter than before you start is sooo nice and worth embracing. I love this feeling and it keeps me going!

Unfortunately, most of us are obsessed with scale. We are getting upset if we do not put off the pounds we intend to in a week. As a result we start finding faults in a process, like whether you are taking more calories than you should not have, or you are spending less time exercising, or the exercise you are doing is not good enough and sometime we even shift these blames to the instructors, that they are not good enough. As a result we end up in crash diets or intensive exercise that are not healthy at all.  In this process we forget all about the feeling that comes with the exercise, which is very important part of the process. They are the Underrated Feel Good Moments that should be number one in this journey

If you are in this journey, like me you probably understand what i am talking about!


1 comment:

  1. Work out should never be a punishment. Unfortunately for many it is!

    ReplyDelete