Labels

Friday 1 April 2016

The April Fools Day! When your own Children get satisfaction of making a fool out of you

So, it is April  1st. Most of you  know how this day can turn from a normal day into a total panic especially when you get that shocking message that someone you care about is in ICU for heart attack or accident and you have to rush, or you won a prize that you have been waiting for soooo long! It is a very cautious day where you have to doubt everything and about everybody! even the people you respect the most! It is that day when you receive your bowl of cold revenge soup saved with chilled smile, or save one!

So today, my children got me! They saved me a year long cold soup of revenge. I had to drive for two hours, in a painfully slow traffic only to find out that it is April 1st. They got me. They called a very old friend of mine to arrange this with him in an exchange for  good grades in the coming term. They even gave up their two hours of TV on Saturday just to do this.

I got home from the office yesterday, the moment i sat down the telephone rings. My oldest son picks it up to only give me a message that my friend has called and that he lost his cellphone but he is having a little bit of trouble with the police (he is one of the most decent person i am gratefully to know) and that he is heading to the police station. And that once he gets back home, he will call me. I nod and weeell,... sit there and have my glass of juice.

Around 09.00PM, the phone rings again my youngest son picks it up and say it was my friend again, still at the police station,  and that things has turned out not so well, i get a little worried, but when i call back, the line does not go through. i tell myself that i will have to find out more about it tomorrow from his girlfriend.

Today around 0600AM, i called his girlfriend and she says that he was arrested and that she is on the way to the police station.. now i am freaking out, like really freaking out! A moment later, the phone rings and when i pick up he speaks in a hurry that he was arrested, and that he needs me to post bail for him so that he can go home. I take all necessary documents and steps, including calling one of our lawyer friend so that he can help out

I drive 46 KMS  to the police station and when i got at the counter and ask for him, the  man at the counter  give me this stupid face as if i am a mad woman. "We do not have anybody with that name" Now i am freaking out like 70% of all the worries you know. I ask again and they repeat the same. I call his girlfriend and she asks me to go to their house, there were big problems. Now i am not driving, i am racing there, because i am worried that he might be dead (police brutality.. you know) I get in the house only to find him wearing his girlfriend's pink flowered kimono with a steaming cup of coffee watching morning news.

What he says, go ask your sons about this i was just asked to do this with exchange for good grades and a month of NO TWO   HOURS OF TV. I am like ... whaaaat ... remember i had to call the office that i had an emergency!  Really!




No comments:

Post a Comment